Ramsau was the first village in Germany and
currently the only village to receive the title “mountaineering village”
It is no coincidence that in a mountaineering village the awareness of
the harmony between humans and nature is higher than in many other places.
Alpinism in the mountaineering villages arose as part of the cultural
self-image of its residents and guests, a self-image which has been possible
to preserve and further develop over the generations Lovely walks along
the Ramsau River begin right on our doorstep. The Marxenklamm is a deep
glacial gorge and is just a few minutes from our house. The walk through
the forest, past the glacial wells to Ramsau village takes just 20 minutes.
The famous Ramsau Church (photo on the left) is in the centre of the village.
You shouldn’t miss the beautiful trail through the enchanted forest to
Hintersee surrounded by the Alps or the walk through the National Park
to Hirschbichl, which lies just across the Austrian border. The path to
the idyllic pilgrimage church, Maria Kunterweg is also a lovely walk.
The famous Soleleitungsweg, where the salt pipeline used to run from Berchtesgaden
to Bad Reichenahll, has amazing panoramic views of the Watzmann Mountain,
Hohen Goll and Hochkalter. The abundance of wildlife and the diverse flora
is an experience for every nature lover.
Autumn Offer 2017
6. – OCTOBER 23
• Enjoy a stress free holiday with us in the heart of the magic forest
• Stay 7 nights in an apartment with shower / WC, TV, DVD player, balcony
and only pay for 6 nights
• Free use of the sauna in our log cabin (on one evening only)
• Free bus usage in the tourist region of Berchtesgaden / Koenigssee
• 330 € per apartment (plus tax)
• children under 6 years free
• children 6-15 years 9 € per day